Curriculum from August 2010
Curriculum for EM core and higher training.
PMETB approved a new curriculum for EM in June 2010.
In August 2010, the following links will allow you to download:
- ACCS curriculum
- Emergency Medicine Curriculum (including ACCS through to ST6)
- Appendix 1 - the assessment system
- Appendix 2 - the workplace based assessment forms
- Appendix 3 - advice to Deans on implementation of the curriculum
- Appendix 4 - EM training flow chart
- Appendix 5 - Paediatric subspecialty training curriculum
- Appendix 6 - EM ultrasound training curriculum
- Appendix 7 - Basic Sciences curriculum
- A list of presentations and procedures that must be mastered
- The common competences applicable to EM
- Paediatrics in the main EM curriculum
- HST ST4-6 curriculum
- Checklist for Heads of School and College Tutors for implementation of the curriculum
The workplace based assessment forms are available for download on the WBA section of the website
Please note: Recognition of EPLS - The CEM curriculum requires trainees to have completed a paediatric life support course and recognises the course is an appropriate proxy for workplace based assessments in the major paediatric presentations. The College curriculum refers only to APLS but trainers and trainees can be reassured that the EPLS is the equivalent of the APLS and is acceptable as evidence of these competences.